The CHAMP network is a group of medical professionals (physicians and nurses), expert in the area of child maltreatment.
CHAMP's goal is to help develop medical expertise related to child maltreatment in every Maryland jurisdiction. This will be a valuable resource for evaluating suspected abuse or neglect in children, providing consultation and training to community professionals, and engaging in prevention activities.
CHAMP activities include
- Recruiting and training medical professionals in the area of child maltreatment.
- Providing ongoing training and support for medical professionals working in this field.
- Providing expert medical evaluations when concerns of child maltreatment arise.
- Providing consultation to Child Protective Services (CPS), law enforcement, state's attorney's offices, pediatricians and other professionals.
- Developing policies and practice guidelines to improve the systems' response to children and families with concerns of possible abuse or neglect.
The next CHAMP Training will be on
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Topic: Sexual Assault and the Law
Time: 12:30 to 5:00
Location: UMB Campus Center, 621 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore
For more information or to register, contact Leslie Fitzpatrick, LCSW-C